Saturday, October 15, 2011

Harvest..

It's Harvest time here in Indiana.  Which means one thing. No more hubster.  This is not so great when your trying to make progress on a flip...so that we CAN MOVE IN!!! :)

So, as you can imagine...this past week there was little to no progress on our part.  One good thing was that our drywall-er was able to work on some "trouble spots" in our hallway & bathroom. Which was super helpful for me...being that now I can prime and paint with no need for touch ups or sanding. *I HATE SANDING. * 

...Want a little hint for drywalling?  HIRE SOMEONE.  This might surprise you, (coming from us...since we do almost everything ourselves) but hiring out your drywall jobs is ..*in my opinion*..money well spent.  Have you ever seen drywall jobs gone wrong?  They are easy to spot...and look hideous.  Don't be a cheap skate and pay up people. You won't regret it!....

Back to my updating....So with a week of no progress at the house, I took some time to work on a little project for our house.  It was actually kinda nice to be doing something small...and something I could start...and finish in the same day!!

I was given these super cute candle holders by my *fabulous* Aunt-in-law...and was so excited to give them a little makeover. 

I love the shape and style...but in our new house, these colors just won't match. So...I decided to give them a little spray treatment.  First I primed them...using this:

 
Then I chose this very neutral paint color..."Pebble"..

This is how it looked with one coat of primer: (I actually lightly sprayed three layers of primer total)

And here they are with some "Pebble"... (which took two light coats of paint)

P.e.r.f.e.c.t  :)  

Living the Blessed Life,
Annette


No comments:

Post a Comment