Monday, October 24, 2011

Catching ya'll up!

Has it really been a week or so since I lasted posted? Wow. OK..I've been trying super hard to blog every few days or so, but to be honest...its Harvest around here...and well..I just haven't had a chance. I promise to catch you up..its been a minute! :)

So..What we've done recently....

SCONCES: OH MY GOODNESS...I have been looking EVERYWHERE for sconces for our hallway.  The old sconces were HIDEOUS...(see below)...and so I found some super neat ones from Lowe's, that had lamp shades.  (I was SOO excited) BUT, when they arrived, of course they were TOO BIG for the hallway space..and I had to return them and start over.  I had spent roughly 45$ a sconce...
THEN..my bestie Tina came to visit and help me land some super cute ...simple...sconces for $6.20..at Menards.  WOOOHOO!  Seriously...they were a steal.  I haven't taken pics yet..since we just finished painting the hallway today...but I promise to reveal them to you soon!




 BRICK-A-NEW:
So I told you  a few weeks back I was going to try Brick-a-New for our dated brick walls....and I did it...and i LOVE it.  Its transforming the harsh look of the house into a much softer look.  It was expensive...but WOW..its a total transformation!

BEFORE


And AFTER...and  as a side note: It is so suttle in person...its SO much better
than before! 


Oh Yes, and Harvest. Here are a few snaps I took this past week of the hubster and my little man in the field.  Progress is slow on the house, and rightly so with Harvest in full swing.  I promise to keep posting as we make progress.  Thanks for coming on this little journey with us! 






and one of AV & Hubster....working on the yard at our new house :)


Living the Blessed Life,
Annette
 


No comments:

Post a Comment