Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A side note

PINTEREST..  If you've not been on the website. GO THERE NOW.  If you have....well....then you'd agree.  Its the most fab site for us fellow crafters. I have found quite a few of my ideas thru the pages of inspiration on that site.  Seriously....its like FREE ideas for decorating, accessorizing...crafting..etc.  So. like I said before. If you haven't been on pinterest.com....your missing out.  Okay....enough about that.

So, I found the most adorable Christmas Tree Skirt on pinterest and decided I would try and do it.  OH MAN.  SOOOOOO cute. 

http://www.hgtv.com/handmade/how-to-make-a-no-sew-ruffled-christmas-tree-skirt/index.html

The link above is the HGTV step by step instructions for how to do it. I definitely want to try a different version with maybe different colors...or even textures, but for starters I used the fabric they suggested.

See for yourself:








For those of you interested in the details.  I purchased the base, a drop cloth, from Walmart for $9.  Then I went to JoAnns and purchased the cream cotton fabric for 9.99$...and I bought 4 yards. 

I spent around 50 bucks for the total project and it took me close to 4 hrs to complete.  Be sure to purchase EXTRA glue. You will need it. ( I had to run to the store)..and if you have it, use a low temp glue gun.  The standard glue gun gets too hot and you WILL BURN YOUR HAND!  Take it from me...its painful.

* I usually don't blog on here about anything other than house stuff...but with Christmas coming...I was so excited to share this with ya'll.  I will post again today with more updates on the house.*

Living the Blessed Life,
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment