Friday, December 2, 2011

Master Updates :)

Our Master bedroom is just DAYS AWAY from having our furniture in it...and I could NOT BE more excited.  I am so pleased with how the room is turning out.  With our beautiful Amish bed...our PB bedding and my new Ballard designs quilted throw...this room is gonna be so cozy and warm...I am NEVER gonna wanna leave!

Take a peek at what it once looked like:




This room might seem to have ONLY needed paint.  Looks can be deceiving. It was the room ...in my opinion with the hardest job to do....which is...patching drywall and wallpaper mistakes.  This room had HALF of the walls covered in THICK wallpaper...and half of the walls were painted.  The ceiling was painted GREY...the trim was GREY ...the walls were GREY...and can u guess: the carpet was GREY.  Now...most of you can see how that might be enough grey for me to NEVER wanna see grey again.

Well...not.so. much. I LOVE grey..just the right shade of grey...and definitely not EVERYWHERE in the room.  Check out OUR version of how GREY should be used:






The following was done to get to this point:
1. Stripped wallpaper
2. Stripped backing/primed walls
3. Drywallers- "skim coated"
4. Drywallers- sanded
5. Primed walls again...
6. Primed Trim
7. Primed/Painted Ceiling
8. Painted Trim/Walls
9. Hung Ceiling Fan...capped off other light fixture

and now...were just waiting on CARPET.. that's right...you heard me correctly...Carpet installation is early next week.  Ahhhhhhh. :) (p.s. that's a good ahhhhh)

Living the Blessed Life,
Annette







1 comment:

  1. I love your taste! you're doing a beautiful job! Super warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete